LOTUS HOUSE THRIFT, LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of the Foundation
Lotus House Thrift Chic Boutique is an essential partner with Lotus House is assisting homeless women and children with special needs build a safe, secure future in three very important ways:
- donated clothing and shoes ensure that the women and children we shelter will have their basic clothing needs met, in addition to interview outfits and work attire for those on the work path;
- donated household goods and furnishings are used to help women and children outfit their new homes as they transition from Lotus House, and
- Lotus House Thrift houses all of our Employment Programs, serving as a real world, working classroom for women on the work path at Lotus House. The proceeds of what we sell help to pay our interns, allowing them to gain much needed work experience, references, and a “nest egg” for their move from Lotus House.
Additionally, the thrift store serves as the donations center for Lotus House, allowing us to receive, sort and store donations needed by the shelter for operations. Lotus House Thrift Chic Boutique is located at 2040 NW 7th Avenue, Miami Fl 33127. Phone: 305-576-4112
You can help achieve these very important goals with your tax-deductible donations. We appreciate your support!
Lotus House Thrift Chic Boutique is an innovative boutique, donation center and retail work program, benefiting LOTUS HOUSE WOMEN’S SHELTER. Located near Wynwood, we specialize in designer, vintage, like new and gently used clothing, furniture, collectables and much more – all at beautiful prices!
Love to Shop, Shop to Love!
Lotus House Thrift Chic Boutique is an essential partner with Lotus House in assisting women, youth, and children experiencing homelessness improve the quality of their lives on every level and achieve greater self-sufficiency. Lotus House Thrift serves as a vehicle for building grassroots support and raising public awareness so that solutions to end homelessness can remain inclusive. Your purchases and donations help the families we serve by:
• Supporting Lotus House Operations and Programming -All proceeds go to fund shelter, meals and key wrap-around services, including education, employment, counseling, health & wellness, and alternative pathways to healing.
• Meeting Basic Clothing Needs -Donated items ensure that women, youth and children we serve have basic shoes and clothing, including proper interview outfits and work attire, for free when they are most in need.
• Furnishing New Homes -When families are ready to move from Lotus House, Lotus House Thrift helps them outfit their new homes with donated household goods and furniture items.
Retail Job Training Program
Lotus House Thrift Chic Boutique is a “real world,” working retail classroom staffed entirely by Lotus House guests and alumni. Our Retail Job Training program offers our interns hands-on vocational training in the retail business, and an opportunity to learn about every aspect of operations of a retail store, including marketing and sales strategies, money-handling and cash register skills, receiving and displaying merchandise, sorting and storing inventory/donations, and developing customer service skills.
Barista Job Training Program
With assistance from local entrepreneurs Panther Coffee and their experienced team of baristas, we have developed a Barista Job Training Program focused on preparing candidates to enter the barista and restaurant industry. The Café at Lotus House Thrift acts as a “working classroom” providing a fast-paced work environment where interns are immersed in making espresso and building customer service skills, as they learn the ins and outs of running a food-service establishment.
Ways to Help
Are you a fashionista? You can help! Living on a budget? You can also help! Perhaps you are a professional development maverick, collect antiques, or simply have a penchant for sequins. Great! Everyone brings something to the table, which means that you too can improve the lives of women in our community and help us break the destructive cycle of violence and homelessness. Need ideas? We have a few:
Indulge In a Little Shopping
Thanks to the generous support of our donors and the diversity of their wardrobes, we receive new merchandise daily, from couture and special labels to unique vintage pieces. VISIT OUR STORE or SHOP ONLINE and support Lotus House women as they work to build a safe and brighter future for themselves and their families.
Lotus House Thrift Chic Boutique is located at 2040 NW 7th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33127. Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday, from 10am-7pm, Phone: 305-576-4112, Email: INFO@LOTUSHOUSETHRIFT.ORG
Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose, and Reenergize!
We welcome your donations of new and gently used clothing, furnishings, small appliances, kitchenware, decorative items, and other household goods. All donations are tax-deductible. Please contact us at 305-576-4112 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make drop-off or pick-up arrangements. Also! VIEW OUR WISH LIST!
Located in the Professional and Life Skills Center inside our thrift store, our EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM seeks to develop ongoing referral relationships with business and community leaders to maximize employment opportunities for the women in our program. Join our efforts by BECOMING A CORPORATE PARTNER.
Are you a human resource or business professional? VOLUNTEER with our EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM to design a workshop, offer critical input on the content of educational materials, provide one-on-one coaching and feedback on practice interviews, and more!
Are you a natural teacher? VOLUNTEER with our Life Skills and Education Program to tutor our women and youth in adult education and their highschool studies.